‘Friends’ is a show that everybody can surely imagine people watching even a decade later, for it has grown to be that legendary. All of us as viewers were able to relate to each character so well, that it is often difficult to imagine a life of the actors outside of Central Perk. But as much as we may like to deny it, the cast has gone on to do a lot of other things after the iconic show of ‘Friends’ and here is a quick update of our favourite actors.
1. David Schwimmer: David Schwimmer played the role of the lovable nerd, Ross Geller with the gelled hair and turtle neck sweaters defining his style. After ‘Friends’, he starred in a few movies including ‘Kissing a Fool’ and ‘Picking Up the Pieces’. He starred in the TV show ‘Band of Brothers’. He also starred in ‘The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story’ in which he played the role of Robert Kardashian. Schwimmer is married to artist Zoë Buckman and has a daughter.
2. Courteney Cox: Courteney Cox, who played the role of the mom of the group, Monica Geller, found success quite fast after ‘Friends’. She starred in ‘Scream’ where she also met her ex-husband David Arquette, with whom she has a daughter. She found immense success with the TV show ‘Cougar Town’, where she also directed a few episodes. She also directed the film ‘Just Before I Go’ in 2014. Currently, she is engaged to Irish musician, Johnny McDaid.
3. Jennifer Aniston: Aniston played the role of Rachel Green, a spoilt rich girl who finds her dreams and independence as the show progresses. She has been wildly successful and after ‘Friends’, she starred in movies like ‘The Good Girl’, ‘Bruce Almighty’, ‘Marley and Me’ and ‘We’re the Millers’. She is currently married to actor Justin Theroux.
4. Matt LeBlanc: Matt LeBlanc played the role of the adorable food-lover and aspiring actor, Joey Tribbiani. After ‘Friends’, he went on to star in movies like ‘Lost in Space’ and ‘Charlie’s Space’. He also had a TV series by the name of the character that he played in ‘Friends’, with ‘Joey’ airing for two seasons. He also stars in the TV show ‘Man With a Plan’ that released in 2016.
(Also checkout WeTheChic’s awesome collection of Friends Merchandise)
5. Lisa Kudrow: Lisa Kudrow played the character of the unconventional and naïve Phoebe Buffay. After ‘Friends’, she starred in movies like ‘Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion’. She found success with the web series ‘Web Therapy’. She was also part of ‘The Comeback’ and ‘The Scandal’. Currently, she is married to Michael Stern, with whom she has a son, Julian.
6. Matthew Perry: Having played the role of the sarcastic Chandler Bing, Matthew Perry starred in movies like ‘The Ron Clark Story’, ‘The Whole Ten Yards’ and ’17 Again’. He was also a guest star in ‘The Good Wife’ and now he is part of TV series, ‘The Odd Couple’.